Last update: 10 March 2022
Summary of the ThisIsMe service
ThisIsMe simplifies Know-Your-Customer (KYC), Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and on-boarding processes for businesses through the provision of data validation, verification and capturing services (“the Services”).
Our technologies are multi award-winning, highly scalable and reduce the risk mitigation and regulatory burden for numerous industries.
ThisIsMe merges concrete personal authentication with online identity proofing, providing the security an individual or business requires for participation in secure and trustworthy digital transactions or services with added confidence.
Notifications & Communication
Availability of the Website and the Service
We will always do our best to ensure that the website and the Service are available at all times. However, your access to and use of the Service may be interrupted from time to time by, inter alia, the malfunction of equipment, updating, maintenance or repair of the Services or the Website or any other action that we, in our sole discretion, may elect to take. We do not guarantee that access to the Service and/or our website will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free or that content loss won't occur.
We may, in our sole discretion, terminate, suspend and modify the Website, with or without notice to you. You agree that ThisIsMe we will not be liable to you in the event that we choose to suspend, modify or terminate the Website.
Restrictions on the use of the ThisIsMe service
At all times, you agree to refrain from:
- Making use of or attempting to use any form of software, tool, agent, engine or other piece of equipment, which may include spiders, browsers, robots, avatars or intelligent agents, to search or navigate our services, except the search engines and agents we offer though our Service, as well as any other third party web browsers, e.g. Google Chrome.
- Making use of any spider, robot, scraper, deep link or any other similar automated data capturing or extraction tools, algorithm, program or methodology to access, acquire, copy or monitor any capacity of our service without our expressed written consent, which may be withheld at our sole discretion.
- Attempting to tamper with any element of the software encompassed within our service, including deciphering, disassembling, decoding or reverse-engineering any component to our services; or
- Transmit or post any file that may contain worms, Trojan horses, viruses of any other form of contamination or destructive elements which interfere with the performance of our services.
This Agreement applies until terminated by you or by us in accordance with this Agreement as well as the Merchant Agreement and/or Master Services Agreement concluded between the Parties, as the case may be. Should you wish to terminate this Agreement, thereby effectively deactivating your Account, you may do so by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org with your Account details (username, email address, first name and last name).
We hold the right to terminate your Account at any time; including the following instances:
- If any provision set out in this Agreement has been breached, or you fail to comply with these provisions in any way.
- If we believe we are required by law to do so, e.g. in the case of an Account or our services being used unlawfully.
- Upon receipt of notice from you, provided the email address listed in your Account details and member information matches and any further agreement such as a Merchant Agreement or Master Services Agreement condones such an instance.
This Agreement may, in our sole discretion, be amended from time to time. We post announcements of these alterations to the site and send out notifications to your primary email. We will always state the latest modification to this Agreement on this page of the site. When using our Services you are bound and agree to any amendments or updates to the Agreement after these have been posted.
Intellectual Property Rights
All information included in the Service is copyright protected, patented and/or trademarked by law. This includes the “look and feel” (i.e. graphics, text, logos, icons and fonts), images and photographs, notices, editorial content, software and any other elements of the Website. We grant you the right to view and use the Service and/or the Website subject to these terms.
You are entitled to download or print a copy of this information for your personal, non-commercial or internal use only. Any form of reproduction (both electronic and physical) distribution or reprint is prohibited without prior written consent.
This Agreement and all matters or disputes arising herefrom or incidental hereto shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
Limitation of Liability
We shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential loss or damages which might arise from your use of, or reliance upon, the Website or the content contained in the Website, the Service and/or unlawful activity on our Website and/or any Third Party website or service.
The use of our Website and/or the Service are entirely at your own risk and you assume full responsibility for any risk or loss resulting from use of the same or reliance on any information on the same. We take reasonable measures to ensure that the content of our Website is accurate and complete, however, we make no representations or warranties, whether express or implied, as to the quality, timeliness, operation, integrity, availability or functionality of our Website, the Service or as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of any information on our Website.
We disclaim liability for any damage, loss or liability, whether direct, indirect or consequential in nature, arising out of or in connection with your access to or use of our Website, the Service and/or any content of our Website unless otherwise provided by law.
You may not cede, assign or otherwise transfer your rights and obligations in terms of this Agreement to any third party.
Any failure on the part of you or us to enforce any right in terms of this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of that right.
If any term or condition contained herein is declared invalid, the remaining terms and conditions will remain in full force and effect.
No indulgence, extension of time, relaxation or latitude which any party may show, grant or allow to the other party shall constitute a waiver by that party of any of its rights and it shall not thereby be prejudiced or stopped from exercising any of its rights against the other party which may have arisen in the past or which might arise in the future.
Get In Contact